D45’s fundamental educational approach of constructivism recognizes that each individual learner comes to the classroom with unique knowledge and experiences.
In order to ensure high levels of learning for all, we commit to:
- Build strong relationships with our students so that we know what resources, opportunities, and supports each child needs to maximize their potential
- Raise the achievement of all students regardless of race, gender, income, disability, language proficiency, and homelessness
- Reflect on our institutional beliefs, policies, practices, and teaching, and commit to eliminating barriers that perpetuate disparities in achievement
- Prepare our learners to successfully navigate a multi-cultural, global society by teaching the contributions and viewpoints of all people in culturally relevant curricula
- Secure and budget dollars that are sensitive to each child’s needs in an equitable manner