Eureka Math in D45
Eureka Math connects math to the real world for our Kindergarten through 8th grade students and takes the fear out of math by building their confidence.
- To set up a parent account with Eureka go to https://greatminds.org/math/parents and look for the Create An Account box on the page.
- Parent Tip Sheets (K-8) are available in English here and in Spanish here.
- For general information about Eureka go to https://greatminds.org/math.
- To watch a 45 in 45 video on D45 Adopts New Math Materials with District 45 Math Coach Christina Betz-Cahill go here, https://drive.google.com/a/d45.org/file/d/1kNsAMB2TPUQmAYwU2wb5HO0XePbG7VOc/view?usp=sharing
- To watch a 45 in 45 video with Christina Betz-Cahill on D45 Math Coach Tackles Questions, go here, https://drive.google.com/a/d45.org/file/d/1beuS28nCbKcnmy5g5MbqCvdAOtnYGYa9/view?usp=sharing
Over the past four years, the District 45 Math Research Team has been working through the curriculum development process to determine the effectiveness of the math curriculum in place through 2017-18. Their work included a complete K-8 math curriculum review, standards work and materials pilot. The team concluded that Eureka math from Great Minds for grades K-8 and Math Techbook from Discovery Education for grades 6-8. Both programs are standards-based and met the rigorous vetting and pilot process the team had developed.
In spring of 2018, the District 45 Board of Education adopted new K-8 math materials to support Eureka and Math Techbook.
District 45 updated the middle school course options for the 2018-2019 school year. Accelerated math courses are offered in 7th and 8th grade. The accelerated option at the 7th grade is Pre-Algebra and the accelerated course option at 8th grade is Algebra. The shift, offering Pre-Algebra and Algebra, results in there no longer being a need for a 6th grade accelerated course. Regardless of placement, teachers work to provide a rigorous learning environment.
- More information about the 2018-19 Middle School Course Options is offered here.